Begin your college application by reading the mission statement of the school to which you are applying. Notice the key themes that identify with your life. (Note: if there are no connections between the mission statement of the school and your life, it's probably not the right school for you.) You will want to strategize your application around one or more of those themes.
- Have The Admission Committee help you narrow down your essay topic(s) with our Essay Selection committee.
- Read through our application tips on our blog, AdmissionReport, develop your "brand" and write your essay.
- Have a parent, teacher, or counselor give you feedback and correct the punctuation and grammar of your essay.
- Then have The Admission Committee evaluate it and offer their feedback. Notice where they agree and where they disagree. Build upon the material with which they agree and figure out how to reword or eliminate the material which which they did not agree (or they unanimously disliked).
- Submit your best essay to your college of choice